Monday, May 25, 2009

We all have one...(or two... or three)

This weekend I had a few goals I wanted to accomplish. I won't list them all (because I don't want to feel like a LOOOSER), but one in particular was to CLEAN OUT just one of my spare bedroom closets (but do it in a way that would NOT disrupt every other room in the house - I didn't want to spend my last long weekend day organizing every room). Oh sure, doesn't seem all that difficult... but when it's the "closet from hell", it's a big job! This closet is centrally located to both my kitchen, and my computer room (a.k.a. Caleb's Room), so as you can imagine, it catches EVERYTHING!!!. It's true that I am only one person, and one would ask oneself, how can one person have so much "stuff"? I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!!! (phew... that felt good)

Ok, so as to better "motivate" myself, I snapped some "before" pictures a few days prior to my big day. I just opened the door and snapped!!... YIKES!! I was glad nothing fell out at me.

Here are the pictures - feel free to click on the pictures... they will expand to a larger, more detailed picture:
Before / After TOP

Before / After BOTTOM
I feel so glad that task is over... I actually ended up "killing two birds with one stone" - sorry Caleb. One of the other "goals" I had was to also better organize and clean out my kitchen cabinets. As you can see, this closet now holds ALL of my can goods. (well, almost all of them). There is still like 50 more cans of Jellied Cranberries (tucked neatly in the BACK of my kitchen cabinet) my parents got a good sale on, and wanted to share the deal with me. I do have 8 cans neatly placed against the wall in the closet... you just can't see them. :-) (gotta love SALES - and Jellied Cranberries)

2 comments:

Ginny said...

What a huge difference - you did a great job, now if it will only stay that way. Looks to me like you did several things this weekend, the closet and all this cooking and blogging - it all takes times, oh and ebay listing. You've done more than us - we were totally having a Lazy couple of days.

You Missed A Spot said...

LOL! You are so crazy! Now the world gets to see your version of what needs cleaning out and organizing! The before picture is pretty close to what I wish my cupboards looked like. You actually had tons of room for more stuff!
Funny girl. I'm going to send you pics of what real clutter is!