Monday, May 25, 2009

Mom's Famous Garlic Chip Dip

Last night I decided to treat myself to a recipe my mom taught me growing up... GARLIC Chip Dip. When I was growing up, and living at home, my dad would CRINGE when my mom asked me if I wanted some dip!!! Oh, he enjoys garlic... cooked in food... but NOTHING like this dip!! I added the DANGER to the picture for you dad. :-)

It's simple to make, but I warn you... it's
NOT for the faint of heart!!

Of course, as with any recipe, you can decide how strong you want to make it (we LOVE it garlicy)... or if you make it toooo garlicy, you can add more milk to tone it down. The recipe is below.

ENJOY!!!

Garlic Chip Dip (best on Waves chips)

1 pkg Cream Cheese

Couple cloves of garlic
(you decide how many you like... I start off with 4 large cloves)

Paprika

Garlic Salt

1/4 cup milk (you can always add more)

Put the cream cheese in a bowl, and add your minced garlic, Paprika (just a few shakes), a little shake of garlic salt, and milk. With an electric mixer, mix all the ingredients together. If your dip is still too thick, add more milk (slowly) till it reaches the consistency you like best. Taste test to see if you need more garlic. If you do, mince another clove and mix well, if you want to tame the garlic flavor down, add a little more milk.

That's all there is to it. Very simple, and VERY tasty treat for all you garlic lovers out there.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

All I have to say is YUMMMMMM!!!