Saturday, May 23, 2009

Szechuan Noodles with Pork

I decided to cook a meal for myself today. A friend gave me this recipe a few weeks ago. The first time I tried to make it, I had to substitute a couple ingredients since I didn't have them in my pantry (I used chicken rather than pork, and water rather than chicken broth). It turned out so-so. But TODAY, I had all the proper ingredients... YUM-OH!! I posted the recipe below. If you try it, come back and let me know what you think!!
Szechuan Noodles with Pork

12 oz linguine
1 cup NO SODIUM chicken broth
2 Tbsp low sodium Soy Sauce
12 oz ground pork
1/4 tsp rounded - red pepper flakes (or cyan pepper)
6 scallions, cut in 1" pieces
1 large carrot, shredded (I use my food processor)
1 Tbsp each minced garlic and fresh ginger
1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter

Cook linguine as package directs. (but save some of the pasta water for later in the recipe if needed)

Stir together broth and soy sauce in measuring cup.

Heat large skillet over medium/high heat. Add ground pork and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up pork, until no longer pink. Add scallions, carrot, garlic and ginger; cook another 3 minutes.

Stir broth mixture and peanut butter in pork. Cook until peanut butter is melted and blended.

Reserve some pasta water. Drain linguine, add to skillet and toss to coat with sauce. (stir in pasta water if needed to keep creamy)

* to heat leftovers, add a little more peanut butter and water

**I like it spicy so sometimes you can add a little hot chili sauce.

1 comment:

Ain't Too Proud To Beg said...

Feed me Lola!!!!