Saturday, May 23, 2009

Italian Sausage & Peppers

It's always a good thing when you can cook a good meal at home, and share it with a friend.

On Friday, Jeff came over after work and brought over all the ingredients for his famous "Italian Sausage & Peppers". This meal turned out wonderful!! I could eat this till I got sick!

We had red, yellow, and orange peppers, onions, grape tomatoes, and garlic. Then I browned the sausage, and cut it up into bite size pieces. Toss them into the peppers mix, let the juices start to say HELLO to each other... then toss in the pasta. This time, Jeff picked up a more "healthy" type of pasta. Whole wheat egg noodles that were gluten free. Surprisingly, they tasted really good. When it comes to pasta... I'm pretty fussy!!


For dessert, I went out earlier to Walgreen's to get their BOGO free deal on Breyer's ice cream. We decided on Mint Chocolate Chip, and Butter Pecan. Oh-my-gosh... the Mint Chocolate Chip made my mouth happy!!! I didn't even try the Butter Pecan... even Jeff was smiling with the Mint!!

6 comments:

Ginny said...

Sounds wonderful - looks like you're cooking up a storm. Nice pictures to follow the meal - where is the dish of Mint Chocolate Chip???
Dad says "where are the tums?"

Laura, Lena and Caleb too!! said...

LOL! Oh dad...
I totally forgot about a pic of the ice cream... DARN!! Oh, maybe it was because Jeff fixed our bowls. Maybe had I gotten them ready, I would have snapped a picture.

BOGO2L (Buy One Give One to Losh) said...

I want some of this too! This blog is turning into a teaser blog!

Fozzie Bear said...

Yum.......there is one more ingredient for this dish that Lo does not know about, but it is a secret that I will take with me.

Laura, Lena and Caleb too!! said...

Well where ya gonna take it? I think you should make if for ME with the secret ingredient...

Thank You Sir, May I Have Another? said...

2 Teasers!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want in!!!!!!!!! Name the time & the place!
Keep it a secret all you want, but serve it up!