Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reflections of the last 39 years.... (in a nutshell)

Well, tomorrow I turn the big 4-0! (and Lena turns the big 5!!!)

As I sit here tonight - the night BEFORE my birthday, I'm wondering why turning 40 somehow causes you to take a serious look back over your life and think about all the stuff you've accomplished... and the stuff you haven't, or just can't seem to get right?? (I don't recall feeling this way when I turned 30).

I've never been one to make a "check list" of all the things I wanted to do in my lifetime. For example: graduate from college :: check, get married in my 20's :: check, buy a house with a white picket fence :: check, go for a ride in a hot-air balloon :: check... you get the idea. Yes, I've had goals, but never anything specific! More now than ever, I feel that I haven't made the most out of every moment. I do feel I am older and much wiser!! So, I guess I intend on making the next chapter of my life even better (how... I have no idea). Right now I need to keep reminding myself that "age is just a number".

1 comment:

The God of Israel said...

Proverbs 10:27 - The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened

Isaiah 46:4 - And [even] to [your] old age I [am] he; and [even] to hoar hairs will I carry [you]: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver [you].