Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reflecting back... again

Gosh, for several years now I've looked back at a few pictures and wondered where the time went? I've been blessed with a small but very close, loving family... to include my Godparents and their girls!! There are a few pictures that I dug up last night that bring back the most memories for me today! I've decided to scan just a few to post here on my blog. Two right off the top were the day each of my parents turned 40!! And, here I am years later... right where they were, probably feeling exactly as they felt (or darn near close). I remember making and decorating a double layer chocolate butter-cream frosting cake for my dad on his 40th. Now, its just weird to look at this and think... I'm as old as he was.... GEEZ!!Here is a BEAUTIFUL picture of my mom on her 40th birthday... gosh, she looked GREAT!!! (and still does)


And then there is me... turning 30! (just 10 VERY short years ago) Two of my GREAT friends (Sharyn & Becky) took it upon themselves (with a little help from friends and family) to give me thee BEST surprise birthday EVER!! It was flawless I tell ya!! This is a picture of me and Sharyn (my sister-in-law)... gosh I miss our fun times together! I LOVE my brother dearly, but also wanted a sister to share "girl times" with... Here is a picture of the other friend responsible for this flawless birthday party! We met in 9th grade, and to this day remain the closest of friends... well, as close as we can since SHE decided to get MARRIED two years ago and MOVE far, far away... like to New Mexico!!! Excited for the day she tells me she's moving back!!And then there is my friend, Nicole, that I have know all HER life (since I am just 14 days short of being two years older than her - YES... I count). We literally grew up together... tormenting each other about stupid stuff that we talk and laugh about now. We would come up with the most devious plans on how to get our moms to let us have a sleep-overs, and then bring EVERY stuffed animal onto the bed with us because it was our "boat", and if they weren't on the "boat", they'd get eaten by sea monsters.... oh yes... the stories go on, and on, and on......A picture of me with my parents at my 30th birthday party...And the group shot that almost didn't happen. For some reason, my dad had the hardest time trying to get everyone together on the porch for this picture. I'm so happy that it finally happened.
For me, looking back through all these photos makes me smile today... the day I turn 40. I realize it's JUST ANOTHER DAY... but am reminded by several people that it's truly a "milestone birthday".

1 comment:

Pour Me a Cup of What She's Having... said...

Technically your life cup is only half full...

Happiest of Birthdays sweet Lola!