Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tuesday Night Dinner and a Study

Tuesday night has become one of my favorite nights. Why you ask?? Well, two reasons, one is because I know I will be getting a GREAT home-cooked meal, and the other is because I open my home to a small bible study that provides the dinner (and dessert). We alternate weeks for cooking, and let me tell you... the menu has been out of this world good. We've all started to become a little (no scratch that) a LOT more health conscience, and try to find new recipes (or improve old ones) to bring to the table. Here is one from two weeks ago. I found the recipe in a Taste of Home magazine, and asked my parents if we could make it. Between both of us, we had all the ingredients... and it was a BIG HIT! The dinner was: Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa, Sweet Potato Fries, brown rice, green peas, and fresh out of the oven rolls.
For dessert, my mom made (from scratch) a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie, and it was to die for!! The Rhubarb was fresh from my friends yard, and we topped it with French Vanilla ice cream.

So, as you can see... Tuesday nights are filled with good food, good friends, and good conversations!

No comments: