Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pulling Weeds (part 1)

Let me start this post with the "END RESULT" picture. Maybe by doing this, you will better see all the hard work we put into cleaning the front yard of the office I work at.
Last Friday the girls in my accounting department at work were "hired" to pull weeds in the front yard of our office. Usually, they hire a crew to take care of all that, but to help save $$$, the company decided to ask us girls if we would be interested in that job for CA$H. We all agreed, and the four of us threw on our grubbies and headed out front. OH-MY-GOSH!!! I have NEVER seen (or pulled) so many weeds in my life. There were weeds taller than me - and I'm 5'2". I took some before and after shots to show off all the hard. It took the four of us from noon, till 3:30 to get it all cleaned out. We worked NON-STOP to get that job done... and I was BEAT by the time I got home. Thankfully, my knees didn't suffer any pains!! Here are the pictures.

This first one shows some of the weeds that had grown along the front brick wall. The wall actually has beautiful Day Lilies that line it (which you will see in the after pictures). Below this picture is showing how LONG that brick wall actually is....
These shots below were taken from standing right outside our front door. The weeds were so bad that you can't tell that we had Tulips growing.

Now, maybe the Day Lilies actually have a chance to grow and bloom!!! (you can actually SEE them now) These "after" shots were taken from inside my car... on my way HOME!!!Our tree actually looks like a tree now...

And we can actually see out of our kitchen window. We had to leave one of the bushes alone because there was a nest with tiny little baby birds. In a few weeks, when the nest has cleared, we plan on going back and trimming it like the others.All in a days work...
Stay tuned for more "Small Jobs for CA$H" posts in the future!! :-)

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Great photos - doesn't look like the same place. You couldn't even tell there were Day Lilies along the front of the building. You gals did a great job!!!!