Sunday, June 21, 2009

June Celebrations!

My family has three major celebrations in June... all relatively close to each other. My brother Mark's b-day, Father's Day, and my dad's b-day. We usually decide one Saturday in June to celebrate all three. This was yesterday for us - and it was a beautiful day! I get to see my parents all the time, but Mark lives a bit further away, so it was WONDERFUL seeing him again. I enjoy his company and really miss not living closer to him!! He and I have always been close, and I believe help to keep each other "grounded".

I wish I thought to take a few more pictures than I did, but the ones I did take are like a little story. I couldn't seem to get one good picture where both my dad and brother were smiling at the same time, and then my camera was lagging... so, needless to say I took several in a row.... laughing so hard, tears were streaming down my face (which made taking a picture even harder). They were kind enough to let me snap one after the other... but even they became slap-happy! It was too funny... so, to best illustrate the moment, I created this little filmstrip of the pictures taken.
(if you click on the picture, it should open up full size - to better appreciate the facial expressions)

No comments: