Monday, June 29, 2009

Silver (passed away June 28th, 2009)

It wasn't that long ago I had to post this about Harvey.

And then
this about our little Megan.

Now, I have to post about our little Silver Boy. I found out today from the co-worker we gave Harvey & Silver to that Silver passed away yesterday afternoon. He lived to be about 18, which is a pretty good life for this type of bird. He was a sweet little bird, that enjoyed just sitting wherever you placed him. He learned to say a few words, but the best was when he called for his best buddy ~ Harvey. Silver was a special gift to my parents (mainly my mom) for their 25th wedding anniversary. Silver was a rare type of Cockatiel, who just happened to be super clumsy!! I don't think he EVER had a beautiful, full tail, and somehow he always seemed to have poop on him! Usually Harvey would sit on a top perch while Silver was at the bottom. His little feet never seemed to have much coordination or strength... but this little guy could scream with the best of them!! Although his last year wasn't spent with my family, we still feel the loss... just knowing we won't get any updates... or ever be able to hold him again... it's sad!!! :-(

1 comment:

I'll Fly Away Oh Glory said...

"Hi-ho, Silver..." RIP

:-)

This is why I don't leave my real name...lol.

Seriously though, you all are great animal keepers. They are all lucky to have been a part of your life.