Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something I dreaded ever having to do...

I do my fair share of buying used items on both eBay and Amazon.com. I have never, ever had to leave anything other than 5 stars for a seller... and dreaded the feeling of ever having to do that. I am always very careful to read the descriptions, and thankfully, have only had to contact the seller once (maybe twice) about a problem. The sellers have always been more than willing to correct the problem, or issue a full refund, without making me send the item back - on my dime.

My luck gave out the other day. I've been buying the series CSI: Las Vegas used on Amazon.com. ALL of the seasons have been arriving in MINT (like new) condition. So far I have all 6 seasons, but when season 5 arrived, the bubble envelope was a little damaged, and it sounded like broken glass pieces inside. I decided to write the seller a nice little email, telling them what happened, and asking if there was anything they could offer to correct the problem. I mentioned that I didn't necessarily want to return the DVDs, but if that was their policy on damaged items, then I would. They informed me that they have NO RETURN POLICY, and they were sorry that the post office damaged my goods. My understanding of selling on Amazon.com is that there is no option of buying insurance, and the rate to ship items is pre-determined by Amazon.com. It's up to the seller to make sure the item(s) arrive safe, and package them properly.

So, needless to say, I had to leave less than 5 stars as feedback. I feel my comment was very fair, informative to the next buyer that checks feedback, and still friendly. It still stunk having to do that to a new seller... they were at 100%, and now at 75% because of me. Arrgh!!!!

No comments: