Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pizza Noodles


I totally enjoy looking at other blogs that deal with food. They post BEAUTIFUL pictures of unbelievable foods they make... on what seems like a DAILY basis. They seem to LOVE finding & trying new recipes. I, on the other hand, LOVE good, easy recipes... that I make over, and over, and over. Oh sure, maybe if I had a family (or even a husband) to cook for, I may enjoy mixing it up a little more than I do. But, since its just me... I stick to the basics.


Here is a little dish that my mom use to whip up when I was a kid. It's SUPER EASY, and tastes SUPER good. Not a lot of ingredients (shown above)... I love that.


Pizza Noodles
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (saute)
  • 1/2 medium onion (saute)
  • 2/3 teaspoon Oregano
  • 1 teaspoon of salt & pepper
  • 2/3 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 can Campbells Tomato Soup
  • 1 can water
  • 1 can tomato puree
  • 1 pkg grated Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 pkg Egg Noodles (wide)
Saute beef and onion (chopped fine). Add other ingredients. Pour over raw egg noodles in a cake pan (I use a 9 x 13 pan). Stir and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Add grated mozzarella cheese over the top, and bake until brown (about another 30 minutes)

I enjoy it as listed above, but I found that others that make this recipe add mushrooms and pepperoni.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Looks like I taught you well. We've always enjoyed that meal.