Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Are ALL dads like this?? (mine is... and I can't imagine him any other way)

So, here's the scenario... my brother and I are over our parents house Christmas day. We just finished eating our dinner, opened presents, and now it was time to clean the kitchen. Per the usual "Labby" way... nothing is ever easy. My mom pulls the sink plug out, and to our complete surprise... water comes GUSHING out under the sink. (totally gross). Thankfully, that was a fairly simple fix for dad! However, a few days later, there is more water under the sink. Come to find out, there is a pipe with small pin holes.

Over the years, my dad has begun a process of documenting EVERYTHING by taking pictures, and, if need be, Power Pointing for better illustration. But, this picture documentation is not only done at his house, he does this for me and my brother. It can be anything from a new landscaping project (before and after pics), to a full out bathroom remodel. The cool part (and funny part) is that he then emails both me and my brother the pictures... to keep the family in the loop. I'll bet you could never guess that my dad was an Automotive Engineer ALL HIS LIFE!! =)


Here is just one more illustration of my dad's handy work... a small fence behind my shed needed to be completely taken down, and a new one put up. He did a super job on the fence... SEE!! =) Front AND back views... I LOVE MY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: