Monday, March 16, 2009

Officially Trained...


Today was an unusual day at work. I went in, like normal, wondering how I could spread my work out to fill up 8 hours (yup, thats become "norm" for me lately). Shortly after starting up my computer, my boss sent around an email, asking if anyone in her department would be interested in taking a CPR/First Aid class today. It was scheduled to run from 8 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. I, of course, was interested. Not so much because my job is extremely S L O W right now, but because the last time I was trained in CPR was in 8th grade. Only me and one other person was interested in taking the class... and although I was going to suggest drawing for it, my co-worker insisted that I go. So, I went. How FUN it was to stimulate my brain with "out of the norm information"... and something that I have always had an interest in learning again. Not only did we learn CPR on "Annie", but also Standard First Aid. The hardest part of the class was actually getting down on a hard cement floor, and performing CPR for 5 minutes. If you know anything about me... getting down on my knees is one thing I dread the most. I really wanted to do this without causing any more distraction than I already did... HELLO, only female in this all male class... I'm sure you can imagine the comments now and then... all in fun. I just prayed that I could do this up/down, up/down without much pain or discomfort. PRAYER was first and foremost... then actually listening and doing. Needless to say, it all worked out. I had a partner that I am extremely comfortable with, and am proud to say I "ACED" the course with two 100% on the tests. All-in-all, it was a pretty good day!!!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you!! I'm very proud of you and glad that you got 100% on both tests. You very well may save a life someday.
I passed but really didn't do well on the test and have probably forgotten what I was taught.

Anonymous said...

I will probably feel safer now on Tuesday nights....

Laura, Lena and Caleb too!! said...

You are tooooo funny! Oh sure, in class you can remember how to do all these steps. If given a situation... it feels like I would draw a blank. Know what I mean??