Saturday, August 9, 2008

Something I've started to enjoy a little bit.... READING!!

I've seen this done on other blogs, and thought since I've become such an avid reader (not), I would post books I've read, that maybe you would find them interesting and enjoy them too. I'm super picky when it comes to reading books. If the book doesn't peak my interest within the first few pages, or read at my (mediocre) comprehension level, then chances are I won't read it. These books met all my criteria, and YUP, I made it through each one!!! Some of the books are fun and light-hearted, others..... well, not so much. A couple were VERY enlightening (to say the least), and some were simply recommended by friends.





Marley & Me by John Grogan (I love this book!!!)



Starting from the book I am currently reading (pictured above), to when I first started reading this year, here they are in order... or as close as I can remember:




Financial Peace - revisited by Dave Ramsey




The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (love this book) This book is a sequal to the book The Notebook (pictured below). You don't necessarily need to read one before the other to understand them... but I would suggest doing so.








The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks





Pagan Christianity? by Frank Viola





Peony in Love by Lisa See - I really didnt finish.... I read 3/4 of the way thru, and just couldnt get too much into the story line. I wouldn't suggest this one, but the other Lisa See book called "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" was GREAT!!




Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (good book)





The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (his latest novel and GREAT book)



The Marketing of Evil by David Kupelian (real eye-opener!!)


The Other Side of the River by Kevin Reeves


Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good gracious, Lola, that's alotta readin'

Laura, Lena and Caleb too!! said...

I know... when I started to list them all, I was surprised too!! I guess I've been on a roll! Hey, it keeps me in the house and NOT spending money (learned that in my last book by Dave Ramsey) ;)